Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Electric window not working

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 7th December 2007 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Electric window not working

The rear drivers side window made an awful sound the other day then just stopped working. On closer inspection I managed to see something just below the rubber on the inside of the car, I prised it out with a thin piece of card and it's a spring with a white tip on top.

Now the window doesn't respond at all when you try to move it up or down via the window switch BUT I can just pull the window down from outside by using the palms of my hands which obviously isn't good ...

Has the motor or whatever gone and would it be possible to change it myself with little knowledge as to the inner workings of a car door?!

Is there anything I can do to secure it in the mean time?

To take the inner panel off is it a case of unscrewing the 2 screws at the bottom (underneath the pocket) and 'ripping' the rest off?

Any estimates on how much it'll cost to fix?

Many thanks

PS. It's a French LHD so in fact it's not the drivers side on mine but it is on yours (not that it matters)
  5 Lastest Threads by Brood
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Electric window not working Electronics madnoel10 3 1124 7th December 2007 03:09 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome