Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Missing Service Book

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 22nd February 2006 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Send a message via MSN to DOOBSTER
Missing Service Book

Can anyone advise me pls we have recently boughta 52 plate 1.5dci clio with 16000 miles on the clock we at the time of sale did not get a service book for the car is there anyway we can trace the history of the car ie work done to it pre us getting it and what services its had .
We beleive from reno therselfs that it is only coming up due its second service now at 18000 excluding its pre delivery inspection that is, however due to the warranty conditions we have to keep the services up to date not a problem however would that be from when we obtained the car or from new ?? to satisfy the conditions in genearl what would a warranty company be looking for.
My friendly reno dealer checked both reno and there own computer and couldnt find the car on theres and renos found the car but it had no details at all about the car apart from reg no date of reg etc which the dealer found very very strange and couldnt answer why that would of been any ideas ???
So where do we get a replacemnt service book for the car and where if anywhwere can we get the details past history [ the previous owners were a finance company who say they dont have the details we are asking for however my dealer says they will still hold the service records even after selling the car on to auction where we bought it from and are just being sticky with us about it.
Your help would be appriciated
  5 Lastest Threads by DOOBSTER
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Missing Service Book Cars & motoring Lagdti 2 3106 22nd February 2006 04:09 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome