Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Immobiliser and the 4 digit code.

View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 7th December 2007
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
immobs are a minefield and renault change the systems.

i believe with your 51 plate yes you would have to enter the code everytime you start.

immob question; you will need to check what system you have fitted, on my 54 plate kangoo with 2 button RF keyfob the system works more or less as follows:

2 keys are 'blown' with the code that is already programmed onto the vehicle computer. the keys cannot be 'blown' or programmed again.

having only had one key with mine i bought a used same type of keyfob from ebay , changed the key blade and obtained an new unprogrammed chip and replaced the blown one on the keyfob circuit. I will still have to take it to renault to get it programmed to match the code in the UCH though.

hope that gives you the idea of the potential probs and it does depend what system you have fitted, i used to have a 51 plate kangoo with only 1 button to lock unlock and this was a different system entirely. like yours i could enter the 4 digit code but this facility is not available with the newer system....probably to make you buy the spare key at 170!!
Currently in erbus's garage:
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome