Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Missing Service Book

View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 22nd February 2006
Veteran Member
Technical Supremo
Nominated 2 Times in 20 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 18
Thanked 1,103 Times in 942 Posts
You need to trace where the car was bought from originally and then contact the dealer that sold it.Someone has this car on it's service records and it's just a case of finding them.I guess the finance company you mention used it as a company car,so they must have something on their records as it is in their interest to keep the service history up together.
Warranty companies vary so much that it's difficult to know what they will be looking for if you make a claim.My experience is that they will do anything to get out of paying for a claim,and lack of service history could be used against you.
The final point to make is you should never really buy a car without checking for evidence that the car has a service history.It is invaluable to know the car has been looked after,and also help it keep it's value when you sell it.
It may be worth contacting the auction centre you bought the car from and see if they can help.If the car was put up for sale as one with a full service history then it is down to them to prove it!
Hope this helps.

I'd rather push my Alfa than drive a BMW....
Currently in Lagdti's garage:
2004 Saab 9-5 HOT Aero and a 2001 Audi A3 1.8 Turbo
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome