Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna 1 - Removing Heated Screen Switch

View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 8th December 2007 Thread Starter
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Removing a seitch from ACC panel

Hi madnoel, I know where the water is coming from - it's called rain and it falls directly on the relays.

These are located immediately under the open grill in front of the windscreen. I can't think of a worse place to locate them except, perhaps on the front bumper!

It is obviously a major problem because a previous owner (or garage) had wrapped them in insulating tape, but even this did not stop the rain getting in. Just think about the force of the rain being driven directly into unprotected electrical joints when you are traveling at 70 MPH. If I get it sorted i will either relocate them or make a shield to cover them.

Because it is the front screen heater I guess not many people will know anything about the circuit as very few Renaults have them (the quick clear screen is more common on Fords). From what is in the Haynes manual it seems that they don't know much about it either!

Anyway, back to my original question. Does anyone know if I just use a screwdriver to lever the switch out of the Climate Control panel or does the panel have to come out first to remove a switch?
Currently in Gasjunkie's garage:
Renault Laguna Executive 3.0l 24V V6 Auto
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome