Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Fitting Parking Sensor Advice

View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 8th December 2007
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Easy to fit!

I bought the official Renault parking sensors for my Laguna and all I needed to do was drill 20mm holex4 across the rubbing strip.

I removed the rubbing strips to make this easier. I don't know about the Megane but with my Laguna there are pre-drilled holes in the bumper behind the rubbing strips for the sensors to sit. As I removed the rubbing strips I just marked them with a marker so my drilled holes would line up with the pre-drilled holes.

Regards wiring. Easy too. Just lead the wires along the rubbing strip and through a gromit that the wiring for the existing lights is. Once inside you just connect the 'power' cable to the reverse light bulb cable and the 'earth' to surprisingly an earth point.

It took me all of 45mins from start to finish to install mine.

The units should all be preset too. Mine came pre-programmed to start beeping slowly when an obstruction is within 3.0m and to increase in speed until a solid beep at anything that is 0.5m or less.

The car also comes with it's own parking sensors. A loud bang and sound of plastic cracking means there's something at 0m or less behind you
Currently in Ne1l's garage:
2005 Renault Laguna 1.9Dci

Last edited by Ne1l; 8th December 2007 at 02:46 PM.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome