Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Starting problem

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 8th December 2007 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Starting problem

Hi everyone.
I read through the forum and found several things to try, but since my car is now blocked some 90Km from home and I will have limited time on monday to try to make it start, I would like any advice anyone can give me.

The story of the car first.
I bought this car approximately 3 weeks ago, and it worked perfectly.
It is a Laguna 2002 DcI 2.2 Initiale with 90k Km.
2 weeks ago I left the lights on and the battery went flat.
I jump started it and came home.
On the following days the car worked, but the right electric rearview mirror wasn't working, the electric window needed be reinitialized everytime I started the car and the autolock/unlock wasn't reliable, so I was locking and unlocking the car with the keycard's buttons.
I decided to check the battery, but the tester gave some errors, so we had to disconnect the negative from the car, the tester managed at this point to check the battery and it was OK.
What a surprise when after reconnecting the negative everything worked OK!
The rearview mirror folded and unfolded perfectly, the autolock/unlock worked just fine, and after programming the windows the first time they kept working.
This until yesterday.
I started the car without any problem, and went to work; when I arrived, the autolock didn't seem to work, so I locked the car by pressing again the autolock button.
When i got back to my car in the evening the autounlock worked, but when I inserted the card and tried to start the car it just failed to start.
The starter goes on and on, but the engine doesn't start.
The immobiliser lamp is not on, it has the usual behavior, it flashes when I'm out of the car, then when I put the card in the car it lights up for 3 secs and then goes off.
Everything seems normal, but the car just don't start, as if there is no fuel (note that the tank is full).
The battery seems well charged (I drove some 1400Km after jump-starting) and the starter goes without problems.
If I let the starter go on, after some time it stops, and the audio message says "injection system inoperative".

What can I do?
I will try the following on monday:
- disconnect the battery for some time, then reconnect and try
- try with my wife's card
- I am unsure wether to try the emergency code to disable the immobiliser: is it possible that it cuts off fuel without lighting up the lamp on the instrument panel?
If you have any other advice, please post.
  5 Lastest Threads by Silfuin
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Laguna II 2.2 dCi injection fault Engines Silfuin 2 2165 5th May 2010 09:48 AM
Starting problem Electronics handybaggage 1 1030 8th December 2007 03:56 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome