Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - The Vel Satis Club, for all things Vel....

View Single Post
post #148 of (permalink) Old 8th December 2007
Eternal Optimist
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
I reckon you've got three alternatives - another VS, there are a few late ones around registered on 05 and 55 plates - or a Fiat Croma, looks like that has suffered even more depreciation wise than the VS, and lasted an even shorter time in RHD form - or a late Mercedes W124 estate, L to N reg. They last forever, and unlike the later ones, don't go rusty. Had my 54 plate VS for just over two years now - I've done 50 of the 60k on the clock and extended the warranty through Renault to 5 years/100k miles. XCouldn't bear the thought of driving a VS that wasn't under a decent warranty. Will probably go back to an older Merc when I change the VS - have goneoff Renaults today after shutting the door on my other half's Grand Scenic and watching the window drop off the runner and fall down in the door frame. Not happy.
Currently in Eternal Optimist's garage:
Saab 9-5 estate, Grand Scenic, Mercedes 280GE, VW Spilt Screen Crew Cab

Last edited by Eternal Optimist; 8th December 2007 at 06:07 PM. Reason: cold fingers = bad spelling
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome