Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - I hate bad drivers!

View Single Post
post #17 of (permalink) Old 8th December 2007
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Oh my god !! I was going to start a thread yesterday ( to vent steam!) as just such an incident happened to me. Driving behind a Volvo!!!!! in Walsall town centre yesterday afternoon we both turned into a dead end street and he stopped and I stopped behind him. I then saw his reversing lights come on and I imediatly hit the horn for about 5 seconds but this didn't seem to bother him as he continued his rapid blind reversing action right into my front end. Now I drive an Auto so I didn't have the choice to down the clutch and let the impact push the car back, the car was in drive and I had my foot on the brake so the impact was quite harsh. Now I was lucky because I have 2 independent witness's who saw the hole thing, this is a good thing for me because the doddery old git ( a 70 year old company director!) denied he was responsible and blamed me for driving into him. As you can imagine this didn't go down to well with me and if he"d been a young bloke then I would properly be sitting in a cell in walsall today!. This T--t refused to give me his details and I ended up calling the police to obtain them. My car is going in on Monday and hopefully it will be sorted out. This incedent went on for about 1 hour with this bloke being extremely threatening (despite his age) and telling me he was going to have me sorted!! (that threat right in-front of the officer!). This person is still denying he reversed into me and I expect it wont be the last I hear, tho because thank god I have witnesses he really doesnt have a leg to stand on. Ive lost 1 1/2 days now because of this and Monday will be the same due to waiting around for a hire car and for mine to be collected. This bloke is a company director so is properly use to getting his own way! Not a great boss to work for I suspect. I suppose the moral of this story is to make sure if you are involved in an "accident" that you obtain as many independent witness"s as possible.
Currently in carl66's garage:
Renault Scenic & Daihatsu Grand Move & vespa Douglas 1981
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome