Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Espace immobiliser (not another one!)

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 9th December 2007 Thread Starter
John Revell
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Espace immobiliser (not another one!)

Wonderful site with lots of useful info for disarming Renault immobilisers but I just can't make it work with my Espace. It's a '96 2 litre petrol with IR key operating the immobiliser (or at least it did till yesterday) Pouring with rain and stopped at a shop 5 miles from home. The plip wouldn't lock the car and after the minute was up it wouldn't operate the immobiliser either so I couldn't start it. Long walk home in the pouring rain and found this thread. Got the code generating prog and back to the car to get the model number (j636). Home again and took the key apart but no paper inside. The printing on the cct board was VC16E3F and 270.5/M Entered the first 7 digits and got a code (1342). Back to the car and tried the throttle pedal/wiper stalk. Pressed throttle pedal and flashing immo light went out. No button on the stalk and it didn't press in at all just back and forward which operates the wipers. The lights stalk seemed to press in OK but didn't seem to do anything and entering the code didn't work. The central locking rocker switch operates the locks but holding it down either way did nothing and didn't affect the flashing immo light. If any kind person can suggest any other system to try I'd be very grateful. I've just paid my Renault dealer 135 to diagnose and fit a set of plug leads and am not keen on the thought of the bill I'd get for sorting this problem. Thanks in advance
Currently in John Revell's garage:
Espace alize 2000
  5 Lastest Threads by John Revell
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Espace immobiliser (not another one!) Electronics John Revell 3 1123 9th December 2007 07:53 AM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome