Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - grand scenic mk3 2011

View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 4th January 2016
Really Old Member
Nominated 2 Times in 2 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: grand scenic mk3 2011

Having trawled the forum for a similar reason I would say that this is a generally reliable car. How many miles on yours (km). Water ingress can be an issue - usually from blocked drains. At best this will lead to a wet floor (look in the storage boxes in the front footwells) and at worst electrical shorts. There have also been a few (not many though) expensive turbo repairs. Does it start OK in the cold (probably haven't tried yet as it is summer where you are) - poor starting might lead to glow plug issues (not difficult to resolve). Does it tick over smoothly and without too much clattering. My only problems have been a temperamental display which periodically tells me I have a problem when I clearly don't.

My only concern would be the diagnosis for the AC not working. Why is the computer assumed to be the cause of the problem when there are many other more likely causes.
Currently in twodogs's garage:
2011 Grand Scenic III 1.5dci EDC; Royal Enfield 350 Bullet; Boxes of tools and spare parts I will never need again.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome