Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna 1 - Removing Heated Screen Switch

View Single Post
post #7 of (permalink) Old 9th December 2007 Thread Starter
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Originally Posted by madnoel10 View Post
Hi Gasjunkie - sounds like there is a cover missing from the relay box - time to get a good waterprof seal on it or see if you can get a cover from a scrappie. On the climate conrol models the panel has to be removed as I believe there is a multiplug at the back.
Oh sugar! I was hoping to avoid dismantling the centre console as there is also the wipers and scuttle panel before you can even get to the relays. You seem to waste so much time taking things off just to get to the bit you want to fix.

As I have to work outside I need to start assembling well before it starts to get dark/rain.

I don't think there ever was a cover over the relays as they are not in a box but simply bolted to a panel by a metal tab. The waterproofing is supposed to be by a double rubber seal which seems to hold more water in than out.

If I could figure out how to post a picture on here I am sure it would save so many words.
Currently in Gasjunkie's garage:
Renault Laguna Executive 3.0l 24V V6 Auto
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome