Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Water leak in footwell

View Single Post
post #29 of (permalink) Old 4th January 2016
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Water leak in footwell

Originally Posted by Matt586 View Post
Hi guys I've got a 2004 clio 182 which has quite a bad water leak.
The water is getting into the right hand side sill and then overflows into the driver's footwell. It only seems to be getting in whilst the car is stationary.

Just wondering if there's any common problems with them or, if not, what's the best way to see where it's coming from?

Thanks in advance
I have had a wet footweel on my Scenic 3 there is big fault with most modern car the bulkhead water drains over time they get cloged with leaf and general dirt which blocks the rubber drains under the car.

I have today had to clean out the two drains on my Scenic they are hidden in the front wheel arches under the black wheel are covers (felt things) they are retained with large black popper clips.

remove the arch linner and you will see a rubbber drain valve whcih will be blocked.

I really dont know why renault dont indicate this in their servicing scheduals.

I was very lucy i managed to fix the issue with some flexable currtain cord and saved the cabin fan by spin it with a long stick before sezised.

to get access to the fan take off footwell pannel in the passager side and turn the fan on to recirclate the fan is then visable and just needs a careful push a few times with the power of to get it working again
Currently in johnsc's garage:
Seat EXEO Renault grand Scenic
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome