Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Megane rear wheel hub nut torque

View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 9th December 2007 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Further info

Thanks for the replies folks. Sorry if I posted in the wrong place. The bearings appear to be parallel and not taper. I have recently had the bearings replaced as they were very noisy and they are of the sealed type, one at the front of the hub and one at the back with no gap between them. There is a grease cap but no grease in evidence. I suppose not needed if they are sealed types.
The garage tried to rip me off by telling me that the shoes were worn out and would soon need changing which is why I took the hub off to have a look, lots of life left in them. Only 80,000km on the clock.
In the absence of torque information all I can do is tighten up the nut, has a nylon insert, and check for slop with the wheel on whilst making sure there is no noticeable drag.......what do you think?..........J

PS The site gives a torque of 175 N/m for a Megane 1.6 Coupé maybe I should go with this?

Last edited by JohnRoss; 9th December 2007 at 09:57 PM. Reason: Error in km quoted
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome