Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Throttle damper; Whats it for?

View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 11th December 2007
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Forgot to say hello to everybody being a newbie, HI.

Hmm thanks for the advice but i think i may have confused you by using the wrong terminoligy calling it a "throttle damper", i am not sure if we are talking about the same thing? Sounds like damper is a buterfly valve to stop the engine by choking it?

This is a small hydraulic damper about 6" long which bolts on to the swinging mechanism on the throttle where the throttle cable attaches, (looks like a short tailgate damper strut thing) as far as i can see all it does is restrict how quickly the throttle snaps back in to position when you take your foot off the accelerator pedal.

All i can think is it is to stop you jerking or kangarooing the car, but it makes the pedal feel horrible and unresponsive, when you lifted off for a bend the car would momenterilly continue pulling whilst it slowly released which is not a good feeling.
Currently in espacediy's garage:
Land Rover 2A 12 seat station Wagon 1970 Iveco dailey 350c 46ft elevating platform
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome