Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Help!

Thread: Help!
View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 11th December 2007 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Does anybody know anything of this?

Bit more info - so hopefully someone may be able to help. About 2 weeks ago we went to my Nan's. I left my keys on the side and my 5 year-old cousin got hold of them and seeing a red light came on everytime she pressed the button, she proceeded to press it for the rest of the afternoon. I thought nothing of this and to be honest was unaware of what she was doing. Couple of days later I go to use my car, the batterys in key are dead. I manage to change tham and the door unlocks and I'm on the road again. The following week though, the key becomes very selective as to when it will open the door. Somedays it would open first time then the next day it would take 10 attempts. Anyway, Friday gone, I try to drive to work and nothing. The key has ceased working in-line with the Immobiliser. I tried for about 30mins but nothing.

Anyway, Renault have my car and are getting a new key sorted. They said worst case is on-board CPU unit. It seems a coincidence that since having to change batterys in key it has buggered up. I also don't see how the on-board CPU could die overnight?! I'm praying that it is the key as having a baby, I don't have the kind of money the latter problem would cost to fix. All the other electrics in the car still operate - Radio, Wipers, Windows, Mirrors etc...

Any help would ease my mind a little. Thank You.
Currently in Powell14's garage:
P Reg, Megane 1.6 RXE

Last edited by Powell14; 11th December 2007 at 01:49 PM.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome