Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Clio mk3 rear drums query?

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 8th January 2016 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Clio mk3 rear drums query?

So, I have a few little niggles with the dci lately but this one got me thinking.

I was free wheeling backwards down a hill and I could hear a bit of a squealing/squeaking noise. It appeared to be coming from the rear drums. I wasn't applying the brakes at all.

Ive mentioned to my mechanic about servicing/replacing shoes etc on the rear drums before but he told me not to touch them. I got the impression that they seemed to be difficult to get right again once they were tampered with/serviced. Is there any truth in that?

Oh, the car has almost 120k miles on it now, I've had it since 30k & I've never had the rear brakes serviced - mainly due to my mechanic saying not to touch them. Oh, my mechanic did adjust my handbrake once as there was too much travel in it, but that's it.

Any advice?
Currently in Sparkus's garage:
Clio III 1.5dci 86 Dynamique
  5 Lastest Threads by Sparkus
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
MK3 DCI exhaust manifold - nightmare? Exhausts Dancingdad 14 489 13th August 2016 11:32 AM
Clio MK3 DCI not reaching temperature. Heating & cooling twodogs 1 236 25th March 2016 12:08 PM
Clio mk3 rear springs, quick questions... Steering and Suspension Phil48 8 430 20th March 2016 09:22 PM
Metal Particles in fuel filter... Engines bugsb 9 590 16th January 2016 07:44 PM
Clio mk3 rear drums query? Brakes/Hubs Sparkus 8 445 8th January 2016 04:18 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome