Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Megane III blocked scuttle drain?

View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 9th January 2016
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Megane III blocked scuttle drain?

On the MK3, getting the plastic cover / assembly off and actually getting at the scuttle drain inlets to clean is relatively straightforward.

The hardest part is taking off the windscreen wipers and refitting / realigning them later.Once the plastic covers are prised away with a small scredriver, a 17mm spanner is required to get the retaining bolt off, use a bit of WD40 + pressing down the spring tensioner on the wiper arm should free them once the bolt is off.

The rubber seals etc round the grille assembly need to be pulled away carefully, and the hard plastic bit extending up the windscreen is held in place by two plastic popper bolts on each side which come out with a gentle prising from a screwdriver.

It's then just a case of lifting the cover off and the offending scuttle holes are exposed. I just cleaned the various gunk out, pine needles seem to love aggregating there, and stuck a hosepipe down for a few minutes.

I'd recommend this as routine care & maintenance - I had the "fish tank" issue on mine with water in the footwell + damage to the wiper motor (replaced) + the blower had to be fixed....
Currently in jonesnwales's garage:
2010 Megane Mk3 ST
The Following User Says Thank You to jonesnwales For This Useful Post:
Dancingdad (9th January 2016)
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome