Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - i need some advice *fixed*

View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 12th December 2007
Platinum member
Nick's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 2,579
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Thanks: 5
Thanked 18 Times in 17 Posts
I think you first must establish if the dealer has sent the V5 to DVLA and registered the car in your name.
If he has, then its unlikely he can tax the car without this document.
If that is the case, then I would use the V5 tear off slip to buy your own tax giving you peace of mind, then sue the thieving b*stard in the Small Claims Court. Good Luck!

Political correctness defined:
Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end
Currently in Nick's garage:
Jeep Wrangler Sport 2.5
Nick is offline  
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome