Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Both rear brakes siezed

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12th December 2007 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Hi all,
Recently bought an Espace Wreg 16v petrol. Problems began immediately. Display showed car was overheating after starting when the engine was stone cold. Drivers side electric window opened /closed hesitantly ( thought it was the switch) Wipers operated intermittently all the time engine was running and would not switch off. Tank only showed half when it was full. I suspected body control unit, 700 from Renault, because there was a relay constantly clicking in it. Got it checked/ repaired privately 100, solved all those problems. Low and behold, I go to drive car this morning it wouldn't move. Jacked it up, discovered both rear wheels siezed solid. I could only free them by releasing brake fluid from bleed nipples on callipers. Operated handbrake many times, no probs, wheels remained free but each time I depress the footpedal, both wheels lock and stay locked unless I release more brake fluid from both rear callipers and then rear wheels spin freely until I touch the brake pedal again. No problem with the brakes before this. Brakepedal is now almost on the floor and doesn't return so I'm now wondering if I will even be able to bleed the system . Argh.....Any ideas apart from "I think you need a garage" Car has rear discs. Many thanks
Currently in myespace's garage:

Last edited by myespace; 12th December 2007 at 07:38 PM. Reason: additional information
  5 Lastest Threads by myespace
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Both rear brakes siezed Brakes/Hubs Tiggerz_SRi 11 1895 12th December 2007 06:33 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome