Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - all i did was change the glow plugs

View Single Post
post #7 of (permalink) Old 12th December 2007 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
ok update.

result!!!!!!!!!! out the ole multimeter and found that there was no current at all goin to the timer and temp after been peed off for much of the day decided to have another look under the bonnet and found by chance that there are another batch of fuses right beside the battery under the driver side wiper and hidden away by the wiper grille and found that a juicy 70amp fuse had indeed blown.........was very fidderly to get to and eventually got out and replaced and now all is well.

inccidently i changed the timer unit off another renault thinking that was the cause (imagine my anger when realised that was not the culprit) and the result is that the car starts better than b4

so madnoel ur 1st post was correct after all..........but never thought there would be another lot of fuses hidden away like that ( 3 batches in all ) would have proberly found em if only i could have found the car maual which i looked high an low 4.

car is a 98 megane by the way.

many thx mad for ur replies

Last edited by gudgrief; 12th December 2007 at 10:24 PM.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome