Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Both rear brakes siezed

View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 13th December 2007 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Thanks Tiggerz SRi. There's definitely air in the system now because I unwittingly depressed the brake pedal with the bleed nipple open on one of the rear calipers. Brakes were fine untill the very first overnight freeze here in Kent and I have wondered if there could be a weather connection but then as I say, the handbrake is not at fault since I have found that only depressing the footpedal causes both rear disc brakes to sieze solidly so that the car will not move at all unless fluid is released from both rear calipers. When the bleed nipples are unscrewed only a tiny amount of fluid trickles out. There is no pressure behind it so where and what could be causing pressure in the system to keep the rear brakes firmly applied even after the engine is turned off. The car drives and brakes ok repeatedly on the handbrake once fluid is released from system. The Master cylinder looks almost new and I would say that it has been recently fitted. Servo was fine before this episode.
Currently in myespace's garage:
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome