Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Clio - Engine Management Light On

View Single Post
post #8 of (permalink) Old 14th December 2007
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Hello people,

Would really appreciate some help regarding my clio, fed with garage B/S.

Basically, a couple of days ago my 2002 1.2 16v clio was behaving in a similar way to the clio in the post above. I was sitting in stop start traffic when all of a sudden the engine management light (electrical fault light) came on and the engine started spluttering, the needle on the rev counter was juddering and it very nearly cut out. After around 10 seconds the problem subsided, the light went out and I continued on my way to work without further incident.

The following day the same thing happened at almost exactly the same time/location. So I decided to book it into my local garage (not a renault dealership) and they hooked it up to the diagnostic equipment. The diagnosis was not good - apparently I have a faulty ECU , although I'm not convinced whether this is a genuine diagnosis or they are just guessing.

Anywho, I've spoken to Renault who can replace the ECU at a cost of 841.61 - something which I'm desperately trying to avoid!!

So, has anyone else had this problem and resolved it, or does anyone know what the exact fault could be?

Thanks very much for your help and advice. (Great forum by the way!)
Currently in Ian001's garage:
2002 1.2 16v extreme clio
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome