Thread: Fuse Locations
View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 14th December 2007
Diamond member
Nominated 1 Time in 1 Post
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Originally Posted by wilbyforce View Post
L plate Lag Mk1 2.0 RT manual.

Does anyone know the location of the 40A fuse for the rear de-mister? It's labelled "F35" on page 12.33 of my Haynes manual.

It's not one of the small fuses in the driver's side fuse panel so I'm guessing it's in the box under the bonnet. Is that right?

Many thanks.

The Haynes manual lists this as being in the passenger compartment fuse box not in the engine compartment. The fuse in the engine compartment which does the heated rear window also does the ignition so if this fails so will your ignition. According to the manual for my wife’s previous P reg Laguna the fuse for the heated rear window is the third fuse in from the left in the middle row. The power to heated rear window is via a relay see page 12.33. There is also a separate fuse for this (F20). I.E. there are two fuses that affect the heated rear window, if either fuse fails the heated rear window will fail.

It is possible that the relay has failed if all the fuses are OK and it still doesn’t work. Listen for a click from the relay which is in the fuse box when the switch is pressed. It is also possible that the earth connection on the door has failed. Check the supply with a test lamp or meter between both sets of terminals at the window between the terminals. If there is no voltage then between both sets of terminals and the main body of the car. If that gives a voltage a faulty earth is the problem.

Currently in len_0onx's garage:
Megane Sports Tourer
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome