Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Scenic Mk2 - Auto handbrake not working

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 15th January 2016 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Scenic Mk2 - Auto handbrake not working

I have a Renault Scenic (2008), which has developed a problem with the Electronic Parking Brake.....
  • it works fine manually - you can put it on/off no problem using the lever/button
  • the automatic on/off functions (switch off when you move car, switch on when switch engine off) do not work.
  • there is a message on dashboard saying "Check Parking Brake"
  • when you stop, put on brake manually and switch off engine then get message on dashboard telling you to apply the brake

My mechanic has had a look and the first thing he did was to connect to diagnostic computer, but, this was unable to retrieve any data/error codes from the control unit. All other control units were communicating, but, this one wasn't.

Renault want 70 to run a diagnostic check, but, then I worry that the next stage will be them wanting to fit a new control unit for megabucks.

Is it possible that reprogramming the unit might fix it?

I have mention of a "reset" technique, but, looks like that is more use if the yellow release lever has been used - is there any benefit from trying this?

Any suggestions would be most welcome!

Last edited by Mysteryman; 15th January 2016 at 05:18 PM.
  5 Lastest Threads by Mysteryman
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Scenic - Disable auto locking?!?!? Electronics funkoval 1 236 5th September 2016 11:14 AM
New Scenic - Disarm Sensor Alarm? **Fixed** Electronics twodogs 7 442 13th May 2016 04:21 PM
Standard Aerial question Electronics Ralph 9 374 19th February 2016 12:42 PM
Difference in boots between 2009 and current... Interiors Nottnoc 6 338 19th February 2016 12:40 PM
Anyone got Clip, near to Macclesfield area? Electronics Mysteryman 0 203 19th January 2016 09:31 AM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome