Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - High fuel consumption

View Single Post
post #7 of (permalink) Old 15th December 2007
Veteran Member
Technical Supremo
Fishing the Sea Champion
Nominated 1 Time in 1 Post
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 11
Originally Posted by jeff605 View Post
Thanks for the info Donald. Interesting to see that you tow with your Espace, I'm thinking of changing to a diesel - my old Espace is a 2.1 Diesel, - a) because it will be a manual, b) because of the torque from the diesel engine. I tow a similar sized 'van. How do you rate the petrol auto Espace for towing ? Jeff
Hi no problems,i towed the same van with my last car a 1997 Mercedes C180 Classic 1.8 4 cylinder Auto and to be honest i like towing with the Espace Auto do not get me wrong yes diesels have bucket loads of torque but i am a petrol man through and through and yes i would have manual any day but i have to drive the Auto because of the lose of my leg so iam stuck with it,i tend to take control with the gears when iam towing rather than the car selecting and reving it head off,my espace does not struggle but for a 2.0 16v i feel it could be better hence way i chipped it and i have to be honest it did help, i feel that the stability of the espace is great when towing on saying that i have spook to others that hate it but i think it all comes to to load spread between the van and the car,i love it bring the spring on so i can get out and get touring again cheers Donald.
Currently in Donald's garage:
2005 Mercedes Benz C200 Classic SE Kompresser & 1998 Fiat Cinquecento Fire Sporting,some may say i could do far better?,i say i could do far worse.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome