Join Date: May 2007
Nominated 1 Time in 1 Post
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
HI Birdman - sounds like a duff battery - once its voltage output drops to a low voltage the
and other electrics go bananas. I suggest you disconnect the battery and see if it helps. I also suggest you get the battery load tested and the output of the alternator checked
You could also try the battery terminals are OK clean and tight, etc
Under no circumstances run the engine without a battery being connected. An over voltage spike from the alternator can occur which will wreck every piece of electronic gear in the car.
Currently in len_0onx's garage:
Megane Sports Tourer
Last edited by len_0onx; 15th December 2007 at 09:05 PM.