Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Really need help please #2

View Single Post
post #76 of (permalink) Old 17th January 2016 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Really need help please #2

Ok iv done it again as practice this time iv taken pics of the process.

Phase 1 : measure the pipe in the clamp so the tip is inline with the black checker (as I call it) tighten the clamp.

Phase 2 : put the 3/16 checker on top of the pipe as shown

Phase 3 : place the tool onto the clanp and the black checker making sure the tool is true and up right the tool will after be at an angle to stop the tool from rotating as you turn.

Phase 4 : slowly turn the tool down till the checker is snug with the clamp making sure the tool is upright and center.

Phase 5 : (iv removed the tool to demonstrate ). Without removing the tool completely off the clamp turn the tool anti clockwise until there is enough clearness to remove the black checker. Inspecting the pipe you should be left with a bubble flare

Phase 6 : using the cone of the tool screw the tool clockwise until the the cone reaches the pipe making sure not to over tighten.

End phase : turn the tool anti lock wise returning the screw to the original position remove the tool from the clamp you should be left with a double flare.

Please don't follow this method as I have just demonstrated what I have done personally for the purpose of help from a member of the forum.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Currently in Charliehigh2016's garage:
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Charliehigh2016 For This Useful Post:
HeatherJ (18th January 2016), Nottnoc (17th January 2016)
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome