Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna 1 - Removing Heated Screen Switch

View Single Post
post #10 of (permalink) Old 18th December 2007 Thread Starter
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Smile Heated Front Screen Relays

I don't know if these pictures will appear on my posting but I was hoping to title each one with an explanation. Anyway, just in case they do appear (has taken me several days to get this far ) they are of the location and mounting method of the Front Screen Heater Relays (for cars with the quick clear electric front screen).

There are two pink relays mounted under the plastic cover just in front of the windscreen on the driver's side.

Also under the same cover there is two electrical connectors (one black and one green) mounted towards the centre of the car.

From these connectors run heavy wires that go to two terminals which attach to the edge of the windscreen at its lower centre edge. One each for the left and right circuits. The earth returns are similar connectors at the outer edges of the windscreen. I do not know how these connectors attach to the windscreen but they appear to be held by some sort of adhesive. and would strongly suggest you DO NOT try and disconnect them.

Both the (pink) relay socket pictured and the centre (black and green) connectors were full of water when I disconnected them and the grease in them must have been put there by a previous owner to prevent water ingress - which obviously didn't work!

The fuse for the screen heater circuit is a 70A located in the engine bay fuse box (mounted on the passenger side inner wing next to the battery). The fuse is one of the centre ones and its socket is colour coded white.

Hope this is of some help to anyone with similar problems.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PICT0011.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	85.8 KB
ID:	4782   Click image for larger version

Name:	PICT0008.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	90.5 KB
ID:	4783   Click image for larger version

Name:	PICT0005.jpg
Views:	11