Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Mk2 2005 head unit advice

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 18th December 2007 Thread Starter
Runaround J
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Mk2 2005 head unit advice

i have a 54 plate low spec dizzle clio as a run about (got trackday n show cars)

i am annoyed with my clio havin a tape player (yep apperantly they still make these things) as it is my most used car and i have a dvd player from my coupe i thought i would chuck it in so i can have some sorta luxury in the clio......... however when i pulled the standard HU out i found the ISO fittings and a spare which i guess is the stalk controls. i fitted the blocks and got the DVD player working but on what i thought should be the speaker half of the ISO i only have 4 wires and no matter how many different ways i connect them to my DVD player i cant get a sound! i did try putting the standard HU back in so i could pull the block out to make sure it is the speaker one but i cant find my code for it so i cant use it to test!
im guessin the low spec car has only 2 speakers which explains the 4 wires but i cant work out why i dont have sound!

i have done a search for this but im either not using the right words or no one has been so stupid befor!
Currently in Runaround J's garage:
2005 54 Clio 1.5 dizzle (low spec jobby)
  5 Lastest Threads by Runaround J
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Mk2 2005 head unit advice Electronics Runaround J 4 888 18th December 2007 07:22 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome