View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 18th December 2007
Banned User
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Send a message via MSN to swfcowl5
Originally Posted by markjordan View Post
All cars are pretty similar....

Out of all the 11 cars i have done to put an amp and sub speaker in... i have noticed that to run the wires inside the car... just unbolt or unscrew the door seal cover... usually located at the bottom of the car door seal... a plastic thing with the rubber seal running along it... usually the screws are located evenly along this plastic cover... one near the seat belt bar and then one ever 5 cms or so until it reaches the dashboard end...

undo that... and underneath you will probably see a rear wiper washer tube, some cables for the standard speakers and maybe even the rear lighting cables...

Simply put the new cables amongst them and replace the plastic cover...

As for the inside car to engine bay...

Depending on model... age and all that... usually behind the glove box there is a plastic circular thing... usually you will see a bunch of cables already coming through... just push that out or pull it out and you will then see a hole... into the engine bay...

If you go into the engine bay and look down near the battery you will see a cable of some sort running into what appears to be a wall and well... nothing... usually a rubber bong or a rubber sock or just a plastic circular thing will be hiding that cables path... push that out

Then with a bit of umming and ahhhing you will discover that the hole is in fact a direct link to the in car and engine bay area... then... simply thread the new cable into that hole and direct it under that plastic door seal cover...

So... in simple terms...

Look for a circular plastic thing where a cable already runs into the car... underneath a rubber sock or bung type object... and usually leading from the car battery.... that is your in point to the car

Look behind the glove box... or fuse box... or dashboard and you will see that same bung type plastic circular thing from the inside.....

the wires then can be fed underneath the plastic door seal cover thing... running next to the car seat rack... the thing below the car seat... and then towards the back seat bench itself...

Then lift up the back seat bench and feed it underneath the back of the back seat bench into the boot... hey presto... hidden wires direct from your battery

Replace that bung thing afterwards... or you will get the smell of oil and petrol and a nice stiff cold breeze coming in to you car and remember... disconnect the negative first... i have seen men strung out like paper dolls when they earthed themselves on the battery...

Hope this makes sense

spot on guide used same bung hole for my power cable and just to block off hole used a bit of silicon as bung does not completely block it off when you pull it back up
Currently in swfcowl5's garage:
Renault Megane 1998 RT 1.4i And A Renault Scenic 1.6 1998
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome