Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - 2015 model Trafic opinions

View Single Post
post #8 of (permalink) Old 22nd January 2016 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: 2015 model Trafic opinions

Hi Vengis, thanks for that. I had initially thought of getting an iload as some of the contractors that I work with had them and thought highly of them, one of them was a diesel mechanic so I put a bit of credibility on his opinion.
Once the new Trafic came out and I started reading the reviews and comparisons to other vans it was clear that some were working off older technology, apart from the Ford Transit Custom and maybe the Mercedes and VW (both being stupidly expensive).

I agree that the Trafic is great to drive, I've test driven a dci 140 SWB a few times here in Adelaide and up in the Hills and I couldn't fault it. I felt very comfortable, got use to the side mirrors in traffic and didn't miss a gear. When I drove the Transit on the same route I missed gears, felt uncomfortable and never felt sure where cars were around me. The Transit is a great van but I felt more at home in the Trafic.

I guess I just need to get my head around some of the build quality in the dashboard which is no big deal and that the new engine is reliable.
I'm not sure where you live and hence what models are available but I'm looking at getting a dci 140 LWB with a Premium package which includes different seat covers, the MediaNav touchscreen and lockable glovebox. There's been some bad reports with the MediaNav so I'm not sure.
Thanks for your help.
Currently in Chazwazza's garage:
Nissan Navara 2003 Dual cab ute
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome