Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Reset electronic handbrake,LOOK HERE

View Single Post
post #124 of (permalink) Old 23rd January 2016
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Reset electronic handbrake,LOOK HERE

Hi, first of all sorry if i have posted this on wrong page. i am new to this.
I have recently developed a problem with my electronic parking brake. I had it replaced with a 2nd hand unit about 2 years ago and all was working great. Until a few months back when i had a seized caliper and it burnt out the motor(made a terrible grinding noise) in the replacement unit. My mechanic has sourced another 2nd hand unit however i have had problems with this one. When you parked on hills it started making a grinding noise. I took it back it was reset, greased and now when i put handbrake on its fine until I turn off engine and it tries to apply a bit more making a grinding noise again and flags up "parking brake fault" This then resets itself when you start the car again and it works again as it should whilst driving. Does anybody have any idea what is wrong with this or had similar symptoms? Is it just needing programmed differently? I dont know what the donor vehicle was so i'm just guessing. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Currently in darcy2008's garage:
2005 Renault Scenic II 1.5dci
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome