Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault - Scenic - Starting Problem *fixed*

View Single Post
post #33 of (permalink) Old 24th January 2016
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Renault - Scenic - Starting Problem *fixed*

Originally Posted by johno21 View Post
Hi i have a starting problem with scenic 1.6, intumitent however it just clicks once when you push the button to start, no engine noise or turning over at all.its like there is nothing there. Then after a few swear words and attempts it will turn over and fire up.. totally random and unpredictable, it can go weeks but then does it again for a couple of days. I went in the garage after a short journey yesterday came out pushed the button, click - nothing. after several pushes of the button it eventually decided to turn over, once it turns it fires up
Ive read about the TDC sensors for the not sparking when the engine is turning over but this is slightly different do you think it could be the same thing?

approximately 3 months ago i had to have a new key card programmed as the key wasn't registering in the card reader, this is a different problem again.

Any help or ideas please.
hi my first post so here goes mine is the 1.9dci dymonique (excuse spelling lol) has exactly the same issues as this i have no idea what can be causing it i have checked the earth cables and also tested the starter off the car seems fine works every time also the immobilizer is ok as the light is not flashing it seems to be worse in colder weather also have the condensation issue but that is for another day also when i have issues starting occasionally the central locking goes into over time locking and unlocking rapidly only had the car a few months and beginning to wonder why i bought it please help this bald man has pulled all his hair out.
Currently in demonimp's garage:
54 grand scenic 1.9
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome