Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna II - Phase 1 - Engines - Clutch pedal stays down ? = Master Cylinder

View Single Post
post #67 of (permalink) Old 24th January 2016
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Renault Laguna II - Phase 1 - Engines - Clutch pedal stays down ? = Master Cylind

Be extremely cautious changing SLAVE CYLINDER. I've done this, but it was small nightmare, just because I've found out proper manual AFTER, not BEFORE such repair :0

There are 3 (THREE) different SLAVE CYLINDERs for the same Lagunas (year, engine etc). I visited Renault to explain this, but they "explained" looking at brought new cylinder: "it's 3rd party vendors matter", lol, which apparently looks like explanation of man who just wants to be clever. Just wants, and not is. If 3rd party vendors manufactured incompatible parts, 2/3 of them wouldn't fit repaired cars, and original wiring must fit 3rd party product sockets. It was wasting my time, unprofessional people.

All you need to do - is to REMOVE cylinder first, take it with you and compare in store, that's it. Otherwise you'll end up with opening the gearbox too many times. Cylinders have a bit different shapes, some of them are auto-vented, some have manual vents.

It's good idea to change CLUTCH at the same time (and gearbox fluid, as I remember it costs about 12,50 per liter in Renault) and you need 3-4 bottles, depending on gearbox type.
Currently in biuro74's garage:
Renault Laguna 2ph1 2001 1.8 16V
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome