Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - LPG conversion

Thread: LPG conversion
View Single Post
post #6 of (permalink) Old 20th December 2007
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
I fully agree with twoscarecrows. I converted my 05 Megane 5 months ago and have already done 12,000 miles in it. Had no problems with it at all. I had a BRC Itallian system fitted at LPG cars in Coventry, who i would definatly reccomend. I carry my spare tyre with me in the boot, as i do a lot of motorway driving and am paranoid of having a blow out!!

The beauty of the Megane is that they obviously designed the car with LPG in mind. There is a spare bay next to the petrol filler for the LPG nozzle, so it all fits neat and tidily underneath the filler flap, no separate filler caps mounted onto the bumpers with this one!

The garage also say that they have converted a Laguna, it has flats cast or machined on to the cylinder heads ready for the LPG injection nozzles to be installed! Renault must be designing their cars for LPG installations.

In terms of MPG and costs, my Megane will hapily do 38-41 MPG motorway driving on petrol and when switched over to LPG will do 29-32 MPG. So there is a significant reduction. However I still make a return on the installation. Having done my sums, based on 41ppl on LPG, I calculated a return on investment after 25,000 miles with installation costs of 1600, based on 91ppl of petrol.

I have noticed no change to performance of the vehicle, it still accelerates well with little or no loss of torque.

Overall I am very glad I have had it converted and would deffinatly reccomend it to others out there.
Currently in BobbyH's garage:
2005 Renault Megane II 1.6VVT Oasis
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome