Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - the dreaded immobiliser

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 20th December 2007 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
the dreaded immobiliser

Hi all

My aged father has a 1999 Laguna I 1.9 Dti sport. He's had it for 18 months or so, and intermittently the immobiliser fails to disengage. It's the 'transponder' type, and it's had the steering column receiver replaced, new batteries in the key etc.

About ayear ago I found an entry on the forum about re-synching it, which involved something along the lines of key in ignition, disconnect positive battery terminal for 60 seconds, remove key and lock car and walk away for an hour.

Sometimes this worked immediately, sometimes it took several goes, but the good news was it started fine for the last 3 months.

A week ago it failed to start with the old problem again. My father had lost the notes I'd given him, and I'm not certain he's doing the re-synching correctly. Anyone know the process?

Renault main dealers of course deny any knowledge, but if we can bring the car in they'll have a look at it (wallet groans!!!).
  5 Lastest Threads by BobR
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
the dreaded immobiliser Electronics madnoel10 1 925 20th December 2007 09:25 AM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome