Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna 2 - Washers Not Working

View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 20th December 2007
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Send a message via MSN to root-two
Originally Posted by Ne1l View Post
If some of you guys have read my previous post you'll know
Anyway this morning I filled it up as usual although it didn't need much then tried to use the washers but nothing? No water or anything came out. Worryingly I couldn't here the pump running either when I tried.
Have you checked the power connector to the pump? It's possible that this might have been dislodged during the collision and the cold has made it worse? When my screenwash pump died, you could hear it whirring (ie. was still getting power) but you didn't get the change of 'tone' as it started shifting liquid.

It's was -8'c lastnight and so far it's not got above -3'c this morning. Could the pump be frozen and just need thawed out?
Possible, but unlikely - unless you've gone beserk diluting your screenwash then it shouldn't freeze until around -15C (20% solution freezes at -8 tho). Probably no harm in giving it a once over with the wifes hairdryer, assuming it's in an accessible position (both the hairdryer and the washer pump )
Currently in root-two's garage:
1999 Clio 1.2RN Grande (D7F)
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome