Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna 2 - Washers Not Working

View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 20th December 2007
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 1 Post
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 2
Originally Posted by root-two View Post
Have you checked the power connector to the pump? It's possible that this might have been dislodged during the collision and the cold has made it worse? When my screenwash pump died, you could hear it whirring (ie. was still getting power) but you didn't get the change of 'tone' as it started shifting liquid.

Possible, but unlikely - unless you've gone beserk diluting your screenwash then it shouldn't freeze until around -15C (20% solution freezes at -8 tho). Probably no harm in giving it a once over with the wifes hairdryer, assuming it's in an accessible position (both the hairdryer and the washer pump )
If it whirrs without spraying, it's either:
(1) you have a frozen impellor but your motor hasn't burned out and it's broken the thread on the impellor
(2) your bottle is empty.

If you have been topping up every day, it is likely you have topped up with water that hasn't got any anti-freeze so I would say yes it could be frozen, but these things are very flimsy and will break the thread on plastic impellor without too much strain. I would look for a replacement bottle and pump at a salvage centre cum breaker's yard. Google has a few and maybe there is one in your area. Not sure you can replace the bottle without first removing the bumber though. Depends on the model I guess.

Confucius he say "Wise Inuit never eats yellow snow"
Currently in vass20's garage:
Citroen Relay 2.2 HDi + Citroen C4 1.6 HDi EGS
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome