Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Scenic RX4 - Poor Brakes

View Single Post
post #6 of (permalink) Old 20th December 2007
I have a petrol RX4 of the same year. It is a little spooky, but the brakes on it work the same as described above, and have done so since the car was new. It feels kind of odd to push the pedal to the stop in an emergency stop scenario, but if you do the car should stop fine and the ABS system will take care of it all quite well. The ABS will not appear to work on an even road surface although Iím sure it does, however most of my driving is on B roads and you can definitely feel it working on uneven surfaces. It doesn't stop as well as my last car (Rover 620Ti) and it did cause me some concern when I first got it, but the Rover was massively over braked, I could lift my passengers out of the seat with the brakes . Iím on my second set of replacement brakes (pads and discs) and have since changed the pads to a quality after market replacement; this it has made little if any difference. It just seems to be something about the RX4, we had one as a pool car for a while and when I drove it I found it was exactly the same. As a note, Iíve always felt that the brakes are not that great from cold in the morning and as I am a quite aggressive driver, I tend to dry/warm them at the earliest opportunity
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome