Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - ABS kicking in at slow speeds

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 25th January 2016 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Unhappy ABS kicking in at slow speeds

Hi, I am having a problem with my breaks, I am thinking that it is the ABS after breaking normally, clutch in, off break and on break again I feel a vibration through the break pedal and a noise. Funny enough I cannot get it to do in in my drive way which is at a slope and gravel. Briefly and only once the Serv and ABS light came on when starting the car (after the normal light checks) it went off as soon as I drove off. I took off both front wheels and all looked ok, I did notice my alloy has a slight buckle and has been rubbing on the break calliper could it be that? but I think I did that damage about a yr ago but cannot tell because there are a lot of pot holes around at the moment. The only other thing is that I have been pulling in to the ditch a lot to allow passing cars and its very muddy and gravelly from all the recent rain. I tried to get one of the sensors off but couldn't get the wee nut to turn. Am I doing it right? or does it clip off? Renault Scenic Megan 2003 1.4 Thank you
Currently in Ten33's garage:
2003 Renault Scenic 1.4
  5 Lastest Threads by Ten33
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
ABS kicking in at slow speeds Brakes/Hubs Ten33 5 390 25th January 2016 12:15 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome