Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Laguna II won't start - ABS warning

View Single Post
post #10 of (permalink) Old 26th January 2016 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Angry Re: Laguna II won't start - ABS warning

Right...well more bad news as far as i'm concerned. Got home from work and put a multimeter on the was showing 8.9v.

I know that aint good, so tried jumping it with the missus' Golf (also a 1.9D so her battery should be man enough I thought..). Initially it was turning over again, but not starting, but each retry (only 3 I think) was giving less and less...and no sign of the engine firing.

Went round to the local garage and had a word with them...the guy said he wouldn't suggest buying another battery in case i'm just throwing money away...but he gave me a big BMW battery to borrow and try jumping from that instead. Got that home...and same thing. Turns over normally again but won't fire. Same ABS warning was still coming up. After a few goes with that battery, again, the turning over got slower and slower, so I gave up and took it back to them. I guess my only choice now is to get it to them somehow.
Currently in themosttogain's garage:
2005 Laguna (Phase II) 1.9 DCI
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome