Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Scenic RX4 - Poor Brakes

View Single Post
post #7 of (permalink) Old 21st December 2007
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 1 Post
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 1
Must be the UK spec models?

I have an RX4 downunder guys and a few friends with them and don't recall ever hearing anyone complian about the stopping ability of the things.
Mine deteriorated for a while but that was because the front pads/discs were down to the minimum and I did run out of road on a night navigation run with the car club a while back, misjudged the corner distance and nearly ended up in the scrub
Have since gone to RDA front discs and EBC standard pads and the thing will out brake my wifes 1998 Xsara easily.
I think if the pads/discs are low the ABS works overtime, at least mine does. We live on the down side of an incline and to enter the driveway you stop downhill and when the pads were worn the ABS cut in a couple of times. I think this is due to overheating caused by thin pads/discs and the heat not disipating readily enough.
Currently in OzRX4's garage:
2001 Megane Scenic RX4 Privelege Verve, 2003 Clio Privelege 1.4auto, {son's car}
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome