Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Megane III Brakes Problem

View Single Post
post #12 of (permalink) Old 26th January 2016
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Megane III Brakes Problem

I am currently experiencing a similar problem. Was experiencing soft pedal, brought the car in for a service. My mechanic of many years standing diagnosed worn rear discs. That plus the service cost 510, two days later soft pedal again. Gallic shrug from mechanic. Next visit to maindealer, 70 for a diagnostic. Their conclusion air in rear caliphers. System bled. Another 2 days soft pedal again. Reported same to maindealer, return visit for second diagnostic booked. In the meantime did a bit of research on the symptoms. No leaks apparent, reservoir full etc possible worn mastercylinder suspected. Sought advice from two other experienced independant sources who concurred. Several exchanges of emails with maindealer received two estimates. One for replacent master cylinder costing over 400 to supply and fit. Second worse case scenario faulty Abs pump? Part costing over 500, labour 900 + vat. Car brought in for second diagnostic, result, worse case scenario abs ****ed. To add to the woes I was given the wrong price for the replacement abs parts, it has now doubled. I went back to the maindealer to collect my car only to be told they will not release the car as it is "UNSAFE" to drive. The same car which not two weeks earlier was pronounced fit for use, by the same garage. It has been bumped to head office now because I am being considered a loyal customer (driving only Renault since 1993). I eagerly await the result of That(not). I have to ask the question was it legal for them to prevent me driving away from the garage, other than on a transporter. I had no indication on the dash of an abs fault at any time, and the have completely ruled out the master cylinder. Someone pass the vaseline.
Currently in BLAISEC's garage:
2011 reg Renault Grand Megane
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome