Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Ottomans new Car

View Single Post
post #16 of (permalink) Old 21st December 2007 Thread Starter
Platinum member
Nominated 2 Times in 3 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 3
Originally Posted by Truckbusuk View Post
Hello otto ... I rekon you've got it nailed there the Focus ST is a stonker of a car plus it uses the Volvo T5 powerplant .... serious fun in something that is half the weight of an V70 Estate, also FORD salesmen will have your babies if you wish, just to shift tin at a discount ... the orange one though ... not my taste, buy what the .. if you like it the orange it is ...

The only other contender in my book is the Alfa Brera ... again Alfa dealers will discount their granny, but the car is drop dead gorgeous (oooer, I feel all sort of moist ... ) ... down sides ... 1/ its a Fiat, 2/ its a Fiat and 3/ its a Fiat .... but they are susposed to be sooooo much better than of old.

just some thoughts
Yep the Focus is very very good to drive and engine is a gem, Handling is superb and you do feel your driving the car not a point and fire kind of car.

I have had quite a few drives in them over the last few weeks ( alone ), It keeps dragging me back very tempting, I had the choice of a red one also but I'm not keen on red cars unless they are Italian.

The Alfa is a stunner no doubt about it Truckbusuk, but ...Fiat fiat fiat How many times have we heard of " Improved build " the nearest Alfa dealer/service dept to me is 60 miles to far if you have a bad un eh.

The 2 STs are new and in stock so the dealing should be sharp , Also I have a link to the local Ford Garage and I haggle hard if not i walk away.

The Megane looks nice but just not sure about it really.

Clio's good if rather dull looking, tho that can have advantages

Any car I buy will be a 10K a year car max so fuel etc is not a concern, more the fun factor

Thanks for your input Truck much appreciated
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome