Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Clio - Relay Cluster

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 22nd December 2007 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Clio - Relay Cluster

Hello and I apologise for not saying hello sooner,busy in work,evening/night stand-by rota and three kids to feed(when er in doors is out) My story goes like this,bought a 2000 1.4 12V clio Mk II phase 1 for my son with a known door jamming fault(ad said possible child lock)
After much pushing & shoving,inside & out,Googled clio door jammed and came across R.Forums and cliodiesel' 1st class post of 30th Sep. 2005,while I was in the middle of trying to flip the lock open the other rear door came out in sympathy and jammed too.Eventually fixed both door locks by spraying much WD40 while working the lock mechanism open & closed by hand,then sprayed grease to any part that moves.
Then just over a week ago,by the way we have owned the car for about 2 months,it broke down.(engine turned but did not fire)AA guy said the TDC sensor was faulty,replaced it,still the same.Called AA guy again and he reckoned wires might be connected wrong way round,nothing doing but the sensor was working ok.Towed it to the nearest Nationwide auto centre.One week later its running and was told they did an electrical systems test, repaired the wiring to the sensor,found water ingress into relay cluster,next to battery(does have the cover in place)and replaced all 4 relays.Bill total 186.94
So,after all this rambling,do you think its possible for water to find its way into the relay cluster and cause the relays to fuse and the connectors to corrode.
Many thanks and excuse the typing.
Currently in Alex'sdad's garage:
2003 Meg II,1.9 dci,2003 Meg II,1.5 dci,2001 clio 1.5 dci,Harley Sportster 1200 custom
  5 Lastest Threads by Alex'sdad
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
RF or IR key fob Electronics Alex'sdad 2 811 5th January 2008 05:08 PM
Clio - Relay Cluster Electronics Alex'sdad 4 1111 22nd December 2007 02:37 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome