Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Newbie Question - Will my warranty cover the coils?

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 22nd December 2007 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Newbie Question - Will my warranty cover the coils?

Hi All,

At the end of October, I picked up a 54 reg 1.6 Grand Scenic Expression - The wife loved it and it had enough room to fit the kids and all the other junk in.

However, this week it's started driving in a 'lumpy' fashion this week (and getting problems with the emissions light and the service light.). Having searched the forum - it sounds like it's a problem with the ignition coils .

Will these be covered under the Renault warranty? I bought the car from a motobility dealer (It had only had one owner ...and 6k miles!!!). I have heard that other people have been able to take their car to the Renault dealer and get the coils replaced as a Goodwill gesture - will this be the case with me as I bought the car via a motobility dealer? Are the coils covered as part of the warranty? Who do I contact about this?

Hope you can help,

Currently in vonfluff's garage:
1.6 Grand Scenic Expression
  5 Lastest Threads by vonfluff
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Bubbling paintwork on door of 54 Grand Scenic Bodywork Rob7777 3 997 15th June 2008 07:52 PM
Roofbars for 54 plate Grand Scenic Cars & motoring Asterix 1 745 27th February 2008 03:08 PM
Newbie Question - Will my warranty cover the... Cars & motoring piggybankrupt 7 1626 22nd December 2007 06:07 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome