Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Megane - Engines - Chugging Megane - Toxic Fume Filter

View Single Post
post #31 of (permalink) Old 22nd December 2007
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
New coils

Hi, I'm really after some good advice on this whole coil business. My wife drives a Megane 1.6 16v 2004 and coming to end of it's warranty we took it to Renault due to loss of power in early gears. They could not find a fault and it has now passed the warranty period. Having had a Megane before we knew about the coil problem so invested in a complete set from ebay (not original brand) as loads cheaper. Things were great for 1 week then the exhaust light came on and it misfired big time so we had to have a recovery take us home. The recovery guy told me to remove the wire from each coil to discover which was faulty. On both 2 and 3 (from left) there was little engine change so I put 2 of my original coils back in and drove fine again. I received replacements from the ebayer and fitted them, now 3 days on same again with the warning light and shaking so my 2 originals have gone back in. I am concerned although testing removing the wires seems to indicate which coils are duff I may be sending the wrong ones back as a previous comments says to test the injectors and I do not know how to do this. I am tempted to send the set back and get a refund and buy original renault ones. Can anyone advise how to test and/or where to purchase quality but cheaper coils ?

Many thanks

Currently in ginstrell's garage:
Scenic 1.5D Dynamic 2005 (05)
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome