Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Owner of 2001 Renault Scenic RX4 1.9 DCI

View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 30th January 2016
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Owner of 2001 Renault Scenic RX4 1.9 DCI

I bought my RX4 DCi because I've liked the look of them since they were introduced. Ours, too has been well looked after with 2500 spent underneath two years before we bought it. It does all we ask and the only complaint I've got is scabby window strips. The aluminium stiffening in them corrodes and makes the plastic bubble. I asked chez Renault and they are only supplied as a full window mounting kit at 100+ each; just to rub it in, the driver's door kit is no longer available anyway!

Fuel consumption could be better but that and performance generally are improved by removing the centre cat - allegedly. The huge restrictive rear silencer is going to be replaced with a freer flowing one, too, when I get round to it. As always, if you drive it like a petrol it will drink like a petrol.

Watch your rear overhang when parking. I got lucky when I got out to look my spare wheel was over the bonnet of the car behind, missing it by about 5mm!
Currently in dcbain's garage:
Scenic RX4
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome