Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Scenic 1 - Head Gasket Replacement*FIXED*

View Single Post
post #13 of (permalink) Old 23rd December 2007
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0

Oil in the coolant tank (and I mean it's so dark and filthy you can't see the fluid level easily at all)

Moisture on the outside of the engine block at the front - just below the spark plugs

Moisture at the passenger side of the engine at the rocker cover gasket

Irregular starting, and then stalling when using foot brake

Sound of water swirling around in the passenger footwell

Slightly leaking radiator (i mean very slight) but the radiator is a mess anyway so i think that will be on the replacement list along with a new set of engine block mounts..

When starting, if unused for several days it starts first time. If used daily it simply won't start (I call it being grumpy and wanting a rest!). When it does eventually start (used daily), idle is very low rpm and irratic (the needle goes up and down). When I put my foot down, and then release the pedal, the engine will stall straight away. Restart, and idle is back to normal, and it doesn't stall (until I get to the junction at the top of the hill and then use the foot brake). After I'm out of our road, it's usually good from then on - until I hit a roundabout where it is almost guaranteed to stall 1/2 way accross...

Oh and today we noticed it slightly misfiring - The mobile mechanic reckons the timing is out. We had the cambelt replaced in february/march. Is it possible for a belt to slip?

Thanks again..
Currently in delta1066's garage:
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome